Shoulder Compression Wrap: Intermittent Compression Therapy
The Triple Play shoulder wrap provides cold and intermittent compression therapy to reduce pain and swelling. This wrap fits both the left and right shoulders, up to 55” around the chest. This kit includes one gel pack to apply cold therapy. Pair with our clinical pump or at-home pump to use the shoulder wrap for intermittent compression therapy.
Surgeries and Injuries That May Benefit from the Shoulder Compression Wrap:
- Shoulder replacement– Often to prevent blood clots after surgery, doctors will prescribe blood-thinning medications, which can cause further complications. Utilizing cryo-compression therapy after a major joint surgery such as a shoulder replacement can help patients recover without additional medications.
- Arthroscopic stabilization or repair- This surgery aims to restore shoulder stability, preventing further dislocations. Cryotherapy combined with a compression device will help reduce swelling and reduce pain after this shoulder surgery.
- Capsulolabral reconstruction– Also known as a Bankart repair, capsulolabral reconstruction is used to treat shoulder instability. After this surgery, patients are advised to wear a sling for up to six weeks allowing the bone to heal, in addition, cold compression can be used to reduce pain and swelling.
- Clavicle fractures– Unfortunately, the best way to treat a clavicle fracture is with immobilization. Utilizing a cold therapy machine for shoulder can help stimulate healing while reducing pain during recovery.
- Rotator cuff repair– Rotator cuff repair surgery often happens after a patient has suffered from continued shoulder pain for at least six months to a full year. Learn more about this type of shoulder surgery here.
Suggested HCPCS: L3670
Questions about the Triple Play system
Further reading about cold compression therapy:
Grow with Compression Solutions
Equip your hospital or surgery center with medical devices, software and billing services from Compression Solutions