Ankle Compression Wrap
Ankle injuries are very common, in fact ankle sprains are the most common sports injury. Provides cold and intermittent compression therapy with the Compression Solutions ankle compression wrap will help reduce pain and swelling. This wrap fits circumference up to 12” and includes one gel pack for cryotherapy.
Here are a few reasons to use the ankle compression wrap:
- Achilles tendon rupture or tear- Typically an Achilles injury doesn’t require surgery, but can in extreme cases. Combined with rest, cold therapy will help reduce pain, swelling, and stimulate healing. Here is more information about an Achilles tendon rupture or repair.
- Tendon surgery– Tendon surgery can take up to 12 weeks to recover. With a prescription an ankle compression wrap combined with cold therapy can help with recovery between physical therapy treatments. This treatment can also help ease discomfort and reduce pain for patients.
- Lateral ankle repair– While an outpatient surgery, recovery from a lateral ankle repair can take up to four months and will require rest for recovery.
- Plantar fasciitis– Massage and ice are the two most common ways to soothe plantar fasciitis. By combining cold and compression therapy, this painful condition can heal faster.
- Sesamoiditis– Typically caused by overuse in athletes such as dancers, seasmoiditis is treated with rest and use of anti-inflammatory devices. Compression will help decrease inflammation caused by this injury while providing pain relief.
- Pain, sprains, strains, or fractures– Aside from rest, icing an ankle injury is one of the best ways to recover. However, Compression Solutions gel packs give the effect of ice without the mess. In addition to cold therapy, compression will help stop swelling.
Suggested HCPCS: A9270